Thursday, February 14, 2008

Love Song

Just practicing my right of cheesiness, thought Valentine would be a good oppurtunity...

Have you seen the world today, my love
Have you stepped outside your walls
Have you walked amid apathetic crowds
And watched humanity as it falls

Have you gone through empty streets, my love
Past the dead who were lying there
Have you thought of things they loved but lost
Or was it more than your heart could bear

Have you heard the sound of guns, my love
So close, so loud, so clear
When every voice around was hushed
Were you afraid my dear

Have you ran back home today, my love
And carefully locked your door
Were you trying to shut the world outside
Or did you think that could stop the war

Have you talked to God tonight, my love
And asked him what to do
Have you raised your eyes to the skies above
And prayed selfishly for me and you

Have you thought of the past lately, my love
Crawling silently into your bed
The past repeats itself they say
And Devils may rise from the dead

Tomorrow belongs to us, my love
It’s still ours to lose or gain
Let’s make a better future, dear
Then wreck it once again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home