Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Purpose

Something was definitely wrong; she hasn’t been herself lately. The sunshine in her laughter had been replaced by a forced and tired smile, and hope that once danced in her eyes suddenly escaped, leaving behind a void which sadness crept in to fill. Thick clouds were hovering over her peaceful and sunny world, and her thoughts started wondering beyond their usual borders, into the darkness.

There are moments in Life when you wish you have limitless God-like power, the power to change the world and fix all its imperfections. For me it was not the wars in the Middle East or child exploitation in Asia that I wished to stop. It wasn’t AIDS in Africa or poverty in South America that I wished to cure. It wasn’t the genocides or the holocausts I read about that I wished to erase. It wasn’t the volcanoes, the hurricanes, the earthquakes or the tsunamis that I wished to prevent. All I wanted was the ability to reverse Earth's rotation and bring back her laughter.

Unfortunately, I have no such power, and I still have no idea what is wrong.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

:( ask her

10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you are already bringing her back her laughter.

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does an extinguished candle forever lose its ability to burn?
Is change irreversible?

It kills me to think it is, so instead I will choose to believe that it's not. That there comes a time when givers need to take, when they're desperate to be reminded of who and why they are.

I wish I knew just what it took.

Your blog was love at the first read. It's hard to get enough of.

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home