Sunday, October 07, 2007

V-day

‎"You're just jealous" she said teasingly. ‎
‎"Of the balloon giraffe! For God's sake, be realistic." I sarcastically dismissed the charge. ‎

And walking home that night, alone, engulfed by a red sea of roses and balloons and my own ‎generation of oversexed post-teens, I could not help thinking about what she said. ‎

Jealous of what? Of their idiocy, of their blind imitation and lack of originality, of their ‎characterless behaviors, of the way they adopted alien traditions that were totally pointless in our ‎sexually frustrated society. ‎

Jealous of what? Of the way they materialized love, and turned it into a commodity. Of their ‎cheap gestures that stripped it from that element of the Extraordinary and made it just a ‎common thing in their endless list of mediocrities. ‎

Jealous of what? Of their synthesized feelings and mis-used words. Of their silly attitudes and ‎fabricated confusion. Of ‎their red roses and outfits, of their chocolate hearts, of their BALLOON GIRAFFES!!!!

For God's sake Lara, of course I was jealous. ‎

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, this is my first time around here.

Yes I do despise the way holidays are becoming heavily commercialized; I have the same stigma with Halloween parties and birthdays, but I really think that it might be jealousy (at least in my case). I envy people who have yet become so cynical to be able to enjoy such mundane things.

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home